1. Aid with all technical issues, including everything from lost server or network
connectivity to forgotten passwords.
2. The Service Desk would provide a single point of contact for level zero to
level three incident management resolutions across a range of technologies
including network, voice, server, desktop and office productivity applications.
3. It is expected that staff that would provide this service are knowledgeable in
the area of ITIL or its equivalent standard.
4. Help desk support specialists are the go-to people for providing technical
assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and
5. Responsible for answering queries and addressing system and user issues in
a timely and professional manner in line with the service level agreement
6. Help desk assistants provide technical support to customers and staff
members, troubleshooting problems, assisting with account set up, and
performing various software functions.
7. The “Service Desk and Incident Management” process aims to restore IT
Services to their defined Service Levels as quickly as possible The process is
also responsible for receiving and processing Service Requests, for assisting
users, and for coordinating the Incident Resolution with Specialist.